Allen's cedar plank salmon. This easy and delicious Cedar Plank salmon recipe belongs in a restaurant. Fresh salmon topped with a brown sugar dijon glaze and cooked on cedar planks on the grill or in the oven. There is nothing better in Seattle than cedar planked salmon – unless it is Copper River Cedar planked Salmon.
Cooking on wood infuses a delicious smokey flavor into this tender flaky fish. This grilled cedar plank salmon recipe incorporates a blend of aromatic herbs and spices to make the dish burst with flavor. Place the salmon on the planks. You can have Allen's cedar plank salmon using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Allen's cedar plank salmon
- It’s 1 lb of salmon filet.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh lemon zest.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1 of cedar plank.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
Coat the salmon with a thin layer of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest or juice. Reusing cedar planks: Cedar planks can be re-used until they become overly charred, cracked, or impossible to clean. Rinse the salmon under cold Soak the cedar plank well.
Allen's cedar plank salmon instructions
- Preheat grill to 400 (I did mine on the Big Green Egg) I also used oak but you don't have to the cedar plank puts flavor into the fish.
- Have the cedar planks presoaked in salt water for at least a half hour.
- Rub the lemon zest and lemon pepper over the salmon.
- Mix the melted butter with the lemon juice and pour over the salmon and let it marinate in the fridge for a half hour while you get the grill ready.
- Put the salmon on the plank and place on the grill. Cook fish for 15 to 20 minutes and take off of the grill.
- Save the plank for future cooks.
- I served my fish with white rice and sauteed asparagus. Enjoy!.
Spread the mustard and brown sugar on the salmon, but do not place the fish on the plank. Set up the grill for direct grilling on. Cooking salmon fillets on a cedar plank on the grill gives you the smoky flavor and an impressive presentation. A classic grilling recipe, cedar plank salmon results in smoky, moist, aromatic fish. You can take the flavor in any direction you like with a dry rub or marinade, or you can keep it simple.