Salmon Roasted in Butter. Place the butter and half the herb in a roasting pan just large enough to fit the salmon and place it in the oven. Add the salmon to the pan, skin side up. Remove from the oven, then peel the skin off.
Best-selling cookbook author Mark Bittman says, "This basic recipe is easy and reliable, and the results taste great. You can use any thick fillet or fish steak in place of salmon — swordfish and halibut are also good." This recipe is adapted from Bittman's "How to Cook Everything: The Basics." This Garlic Butter Baked Salmon recipe makes tender, flaky salmon brushed with an incredible garlic butter sauce! Baked on a sheet pan with your favorite veggies, this easy salmon recipe takes just a few minutes of prep and makes a perfect weeknight dinner idea. You can cook Salmon Roasted in Butter using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon Roasted in Butter
- It’s 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) of butter.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of minced chervil, parsley or dill.
- It’s 1 of salmon fillet, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds.
- It’s to taste of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges.
Put the salmon in the seasoned butter, skin side down, and sprinkle the top with more salt and pepper. Tender Garlic Butter Baked Salmon with crispy roast potatoes, asparagus and a delicious garlic butter sauce! All baked on a sheet pan for an easy dinner. THE salmon recipe of your dreams!
Salmon Roasted in Butter instructions
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Place the butter and half the herb in a roasting pan just large enough to fit the salmon and place it in the oven. Heat about 5 minutes, until the butter melts and the herb begins to sizzle.
- Add the salmon to the pan, skin side up. Roast 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, then peel the skin off (optional) – (If the skin does not lift right off, cook 2 minutes longer.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and turn the fillet over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper again.
- Roast 3 to 5 minutes more, depending on the thickness of the fillet and the degree of doneness you prefer. Cut into serving portions, spoon a little of the butter over each and garnish with the remaining herb. Serve with lemon wedges.
A complete meal on one pan full of flavour. Garlic Butter Baked Salmon is easy to make using minimal ingredients you already have in your kitchen! This Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil is an ultra-easy and flavourful dinner to make during your busy weeknights. Print Recipe Pan Seared Salmon Ingredients. Salt and pepper – so the salmon isn't bland.; Olive oil – to help brown the salmon and prevent sticking.; Chicken broth – to create a sauce.