Rice and Noodle Salad. Rice Noodle Salad is a simple refreshing dish chock full of vegetables and rich flavor. Ready in minutes, this bright dish is a perfect side to any meal. For a more traditional pasta salad, check out our Tri-Color Pasta Salad Recipe!
Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. The best thing about this salad is how it comes together in no time at all. Asian rice noodles generally cook more quickly than wheat noodles and with the addition of the precut coleslaw mix the. You can have Rice and Noodle Salad using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice and Noodle Salad
- It’s 100 grams of thin rice noodles.
- Prepare 1 dash of sesame oil.
- You need 200 grams of sugar snap peas.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of orange or yellow pepper.
- It’s 2 of spring onions.
- It’s 200 grams of peeled, cooked prawns.
- You need 1 bunch of coriander leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, peeled and finely diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, peeled and finely crushed.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice (or more to taste).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
Fresh and Easy Vietnamese Noodle Salad Jump to Recipe This light and refreshing vermicelli noodle salad gets its inspiration from one of my favorite dishes of all time, Vietnamese bun salads , with fresh slivered veggies in a tangy Vietnamese rice vinegar dressing, making it a simple side dish to serve with grilled meats and chicken. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, carrot, pineapple, cilantro and onion. In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended.
Rice and Noodle Salad step by step
- Bring the kettle to the boil. Place three rice noodles in a large bowl and pour on boiling water ensuring that the noodles are fully immersed. Leave to stand for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender but not too soft. Drain and immediately toss with a drizzle of sesame oil to stop them sticking.
- In the meantime, blanch the peas in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes until they are just tender but still bright green. Refresh in a bowl of iced water then drain. Cut the peas into smaller pieces. Halve, core and feared the peppers, then cut into long, thin slices. Finely slice the spring onions.
- For the dressing, put all the ingredients (shallots and after) into a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Put the prawns, spring onions, peas and peppers into a large bowl and add the drained noodles, coriander and sesame seeds. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
Drain noodles and rinse in cold water; drain well. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Make the salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the rice noodles and stir to disperse them. The dressing is made with Asian ingredients and is very neutral so will suit most Asian foods, including Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, and even Korean dishes like Bulgogi.