White Bean and Butternut Soup. This bean and butternut soup begins in a predictable – and lovely – way: with good stuff like sautéed onion, fresh garlic, and aromatic herbs. Also added to the mix – fresh lemon juice, baby kale leaves, and white beans (I'm a fan of cannelini or navy beans), which work so well in soups like this. This healthy roasted butternut squash soup gets its creaminess from white beans and a hint of almond milk.
This cozy kale, white bean and butternut squash soup provides the ultimate in soul-satisfying, tastebud pleasing, nourishing goodness. Three highly nutritious foods come together in this tasty one pot vegetarian meal in a bowl, lending it vibrant color and flavor. Cut neck off butternut squash (reserve base for another use). You can have White Bean and Butternut Soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White Bean and Butternut Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 Cup of Small White Beans.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 1/2 of Large Onion.
- It’s 3 of Garlic Cloves (I used Elephant Giant).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Dried Mixed Herbs.
- You need 3 Cups of Vegetable Stock.
Add broth, thyme and butternut squash and bring to a boil. Using a fork, mash white beans and add to soup along with chickpeas. The soup is thick because of the white beans, and warm with the butternut squash and rosemary. This pureed butternut squash soup is the third and last recipe in our butternut squash ingredient spotlight.
White Bean and Butternut Soup step by step
- Place white beans in a bowl and pour boiling water over. Soak with a lid on for an hour..
- Add onions, garlic, beans and butternut to a pot, add 2 cups of the stock and boil on low heat for 30 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally..
- Add the mixed herbs and the remaining 1 cup vegetable stock and blend after 15 minutes/once the beans are soft. Add more water if needed to reach your desired consistency. Add it half a cup each time..
- Simmer for 15 minutes – reduce he heat to super low and leave on the stove for 15 minutes. Serve with butternut seeds and a sprinkle of dried herbs as a garnish..
However, last rarely means least, and it certainly This one is extra special as a lot of pureed soups tend not to have a protein element, which is why I add a can of white beans into this version. Serve this veggie-packed side dish soup all autumn long. This hearty soup combines sweet butternut squash, fresh sage, and spicy turkey sausage–a winter dinner power trio, if ever there was one! Cut prep time by buying already cubed butternut squash, and while this hearty soups simmers on the stove, you can toss together a salad to serve on side. Cream adds a smooth finish to the soup, while crumbled bacon and toasted pumpkinseeds lend a salty crunch.