My Shrimp Louie Salad. Shrimp Louie dressing is the main star of this salad together with the fresh ingredients, cooked shrimp and boiled egg. The Louie Dressing comes close to a Thousand Island Dressing. Which is a creamy dressing prepared with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, and lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce as main ingredients.
A fabulous, almost "no cook" option when it's too hot to cook! This fresh and vibrant Shrimp Louie Salad consists of a bed of lettuce topped with avocado, hard boiled egg, tomato, cucumber, and seared shrimp. Topped with the signature Shrimp Louie dressing this salad makes a delicious lunch meal. You can have My Shrimp Louie Salad using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Shrimp Louie Salad
- Prepare 1 of package of romaine lettuce.
- It’s 4 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 8 of bacon strips.
- You need 1 of pint of grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of package of tail on deveined shrimp.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mccormick carribean jerk seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of thousand island dressing, optional.
All tossed up, it could also be a great summer BBQ side dish. Chef John substitutes smoky grilled shrimp for the traditional crab in this summery salad. Make the dressing ahead of time to let it chill, because the shrimp take just minutes to cook. Grilled Shrimp Louie Salad is classic louie salad with smoky grilled shrimp and fresh, creamy homemade louie salad dressing! GF, DF In my last post, I shared my Louie Salad Dressing, so you must've known a salad was coming next right?
My Shrimp Louie Salad step by step
- Cook bacon strips, drain, set aside.
- Cook shrimp in Mccormick seasoning.
- Assemble salad, lettuce, tomatoes, shrimp, bacon , eggs, finish with dressing of your choice.
I forgot to mention it, which may have had you all on the edge of your seats in suspense. What's in A Shrimp Louie Salad? I was surprised to learn this because I assumed it was French. This salad recipe usually has shrimp, lettuce, egg, and tomato. I don't know who Louie is, but I know that the primary elements of his salad include shrimp or crab, iceberg lettuce, boiled egg and a very ketchupy Thousand Island dressing.