Sushi Recipe. Most Made Today California Roll Sushi. Cream Cheese and Crab Sushi Rolls. Recipe of the Day Sushi Roll.
They are made with simple ingredients you can find at any Asian grocery store. The steps are easy to follow and promise loads of fun. Futomaki Sushi Rolls Featuring the classics: California roll, Spicy Tuna, Dragon Roll etc. You can have Sushi Recipe using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sushi Recipe
- Prepare 5 sheets of nori.
- It’s 2 cups of sushi rice.
- Prepare 2 ounces of sushi-grade tuna, cut into1/4 by 1/2 by 3-inch strips.
- Prepare 2 ounces of sushi-grade salmon, cut into1/4 by 1/2 by 3-inch strips.
- Prepare 1 of hot house cucumber, julienne.
- You need 1 of carrot, peeled and julienne.
- Prepare 1/2 of avocado, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 5 cups of short-grain sushi rice.
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Sushi Recipe step by step
- Place a nori sheet lengthwise on a bamboo rolling mat, shiny-side down. Position the sheet about 1-inch from the edge of the mat closest to you and leave some of the bamboo mat exposed on either side of the nori sheet. Wet your hands in cool water and take a handful of sushi rice. Place the rice in the center of the nori and use your fingers to spread the rice evenly over the nori. Be sure to leave a 3/4-inch strip of nori uncovered on the far side. Place tuna strips and some julienne vegetable.
- Rinse the rice in cold water while stirring briskly to remove any dirt. Drain the rice completely. Place the rice and the 6 cups of water in a medium sized saucepan and cover it with a tight fitting lid. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Allow the water to boil for 3 minutes and then reduce the heat to low and continue cooking 15 minutes without removing the lid. Remove the rice from the heat and remove the lid (the water should no longer be visible). Turn the rice out evenly on a well.
Sushi is Japanese food by tradition, but it is currently enjoyed by cultures around the world. Try our tasty sushi recipes for a light lunch or flavourful snack. Make your own bento box, maki rolls or an eye-catching bowl full of veggies and sticky rice. Then let yourself be inspired by the stunning sushi creations of Chef Devaux. Become creative, experiment with different ingredients or seasonings and make the recipes your own.