Fruit Rice with Poached Salmon. Poached Salmon FilletLady Mermaid. lemon, salmon fillets, water, onions. Salmon Fillet and Cabbage with BaconCooking In Sens. Zest the lemon and cut into wedges.
I am a new poached-fruit convert. The case for poaching fruit at home is very convincing: You can do it with nearly any fruit, even dried fruit. You can poach as much or as little fruit as you want any any given time—and it still only takes about an hour start to finish. You can have Fruit Rice with Poached Salmon using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fruit Rice with Poached Salmon
- Prepare 2 portions of Salmon Steaks.
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmati Rice.
- It’s 1 of medium Green Apple.
- It’s 2 of Satsuma Oranges.
- You need 2 of small Pears.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- It’s of 1 microwave Rice Steamer.
Add the onion, lemon, dill, salt, and salmon. Poaching, or gently simmering something in a liquid, is one of the best ways to cook salmon. It not only helps maintain salmon's delicate texture, but also keeps the fish succulently & Red Rice. Find recipes that suit your lifestyle with our new nutritionist-approved dietary tags.
Fruit Rice with Poached Salmon instructions
- Wash Salmon of any scales. Place in a deep fry pan. Add enough water to almost cover the steaks and start to poach, with a little Black Pepper and Salt.
- Rinse the Basmati rice under running water to remove excess starch. Place into a microwave steamer, if you have one, or a medium saucepan, if not.
- Peel Oranges, pull apart segments and remove any pips. Dice into small pieces, add to steamer or pot. (If using a pot, you will need to cook the rice for about 10-15 minutes until rice is fluffy and water is absorbed.).
- Wash Pears, slice into 4 sections and remove core and stalks. Then dice into small pieces and add to steamer.
- Wash Apple, cut into 4 sections, remove core and stalk. Dice into small pieces and add to steamer.
- Stir the fruits into the rice, then cover with boiling water. Microwave for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, turn over Salmon gently so the other side can poach.
- Remove steamer from the microwave, stir well and return to cook for another 6 minutes, until rice is fluffy and water is absorbed.
- Drain Salmon and put on a plate. Drain any liquid from the rice and add. This rice can also be eaten cold, as an accompanying dish to cold meats. Please post pictures if you try this!.
Serve this hot or at room temperature. Raita, the cooling condiment served in India, makes a superb sauce. This easy poaching technique delivers moist, delicious fish every time Add salmon to broth mixture. Arrange the fish in a tin. Basmati is a type of rice grown in the Himalayas and Pakistan.