Chikuwa and Sakura-Ebi Shrimp Curry Mayo Toast. The addition of sakura ebi (dried Japanese shrimp) and sambal belacan impart a good hit of umami, so with every bite you get the briny richness of salted egg yolk, a hint of sweetness from the sakura ebi and sugar, and the spiciness of toasted curry leaves and sambal belacan. Chikuwa (竹輪) is a Japanese jelly-like food product made from ingredients such as fish surimi, salt, sugar, starch, monosodium glutamate and egg white. Today's menu is Chinese style shrimp toast.
Chef Lee made a ketchup dip, but I used my honey mayo sauce. Would you like to tell us about a lower price? Welcome to the global website of Kikkoman Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer of soy sauce. You can have Chikuwa and Sakura-Ebi Shrimp Curry Mayo Toast using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chikuwa and Sakura-Ebi Shrimp Curry Mayo Toast
- Prepare 1 slice of Sliced bread.
- Prepare 1 of Chikuwa.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sakura shrimp.
- Prepare 1/8 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Curry powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Easy melting cheese.
These miniature shrimp have been dried in their shells. They are used in okonomi-yaki and deep-fried dishes. Crispy and non-greasy shrimp toast filled with shrimp mousse and deep-fried to golden perfection. A perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Chikuwa and Sakura-Ebi Shrimp Curry Mayo Toast instructions
- Slice the chikuwa into rounds and put in a bowl. Toss with the sakura-ebi and curry powder.
- Slice the onion and microwave for 1 minute at 600 W. Cooking the onion will take soften the flavor, so it will be easier to eat.
- Add the onions into the bowl from Step 1 and mix well. As you mix it will cool down, so add the mayonnaise and mix some more.
- Spread on top of a slice of bread, add melting type cheese to taste, and toast in a oven.
- This is toast topped with avocado and shiso mixed with soy sauce shio koji-mayonnaise. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/151257-mayonnaise-toast-with-avocado-and-shiso-leaves.
- This toast is topped with avocado and sweet chilli sauce flavored scrambled eggs. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/158977-avocado-and-eggs-topped-toast.
- Chocolate and banana on toast. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/151253-runny-chocolate-banana-toast.
Chinese shrimp toast is one of my favorite appetizers. Commonly served in dim sum restaurants, they are crispy, delicious, with white toast filled. Sakura shrimp can only be capture in two countries, which are Shizuoka, Japan and Donggang, Taiwan. The sakura shrimp fishing period in Japan only have two months, therefore Japan had list the sakura shrimp as a national treasure. Ebi (Shrimp) Tempura #tempura #shrimp #japanese #recipe.