Simple Fresh Vietnamese Spring Roll. Fill a large bowl with warm water. The spring roll wrappers tend to dry out with time or once chilled, so spring rolls are best assembled shortly before serving. If you'd like to keep them fresh for a couple of hours, store them under a lightly damp, lint-free tea towel at room temperature (the skin tends to harden in the refrigerator).
One of the most popular dishes at Vietnamese restaurants are shrimp spring rolls with peanut dip. ASSEMBLY: Lay out the spring roll ingredients before beginning to assemble the rolls. Vietnamese fresh spring rolls (goi cuon in Vietnamese) are an incredibly easy, fresh version of the classic fried spring roll. You can cook Simple Fresh Vietnamese Spring Roll using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Fresh Vietnamese Spring Roll
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 lb of shrimp, cleaned and cooked.
- It’s 1/8-1/4 lb of thin rice noodles (amount, your preference).
- Prepare of lettuce.
- You need of cucumber, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 8-10 pcs of rice paper.
- It’s of bowl of water (circumference should fit the size of rice paper).
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- It’s 1/8 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsweetened peanut butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut or brown sugar.
These rolls (also called summer rolls or salad rolls) are light and healthy, full of fresh herbs and crisp ingredients. How to Make Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls – Step by Step Recipe Follow my step-by-step recipe to make the most amazing Vietnamese Spring Rolls at home! Filled with cooked shrimp, mint leaves, bean sprouts and vermicelli noodles, these summer rolls make for an Asian appetizer or healthy light meal. Remove one rice paper wrapper from the package, and place it in the water to soak.
Simple Fresh Vietnamese Spring Roll instructions
- Soak rice paper in water for 10 seconds or until it becomes a bit flimsy then carefully place on a plate or any clean flat surface. Spread the paper evenly.
- Place lettuce, rice noodles, cucumber and shrimp horizontally on the rice paper just before the half part.
- Fold each ends of rice paper towards the center. Fold the side closest to you over the filling, towards the center as well. Place both your thumb under the part with the filling then roll and seal.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients, except for the lemon juice, in a small sauce pan then bring to a slight simmer. Transfer to a sauce bowl. Add the lemon juice and mix.
- Enjoy the freshness!.
Ingredients for vegan Vietnamese Spring Rolls. Crunchy Veggies: I love to fill my spring rolls with crunchy veggies, like carrots, bell peppers, and cucumber. You could also add shredded red cabbage or sliced beets! Fresh Herbs: Today we're using fresh basil and mint, but cilantro and parsley also work well in spring rolls.; The Extras: Spruce up these spring rolls with a little fresh mango. These fresh and healthy Vietnamese spring rolls are made with shrimp, vegetables, herbs, and rice noodles wrapped in rice paper.