Halibut Fish Curry. Halibut Recipe – Indian Fish Curry. It is a meaty fish that holds its own with the spices. Arrange the fish in the pan and gently shake the pan so the fish is coated with the sauce.
Try this Halibut recipe from Skye Gyngell's cookbook 'Spring'. Halibut With Mustard Seeds, Curry Leaves, and This beautiful dish presents crisp-skinned, fresh white fish in a light and aromatic broth. Fish Curry (Bengali Style) is a delightful recipe native to the state of Bengal. You can cook Halibut Fish Curry using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Halibut Fish Curry
- Prepare 1 of hallibut or salmon fish head or any fish fillet.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s of easy and simple diy curry.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 2 of large shallot fine dice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic fine dice.
- Prepare 3 tsp of each of tumeric powder and chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of light soy sauce or fish sauce and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon or lime or kalamansi juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of fine chop each cilantro stem and leaf.
- Prepare 1 can of italian tomato and tomato juice.
It is best to take basa fish or halibut for the recipe and cut it into two equal halves so that you can rub the spice mix on it. Balinese Fish Curry with potatoes, spring veggies, lime and mint in a fragrant curry sauce. In Bali it was often made with swordfish, here I've used Alaskan Cod- but feel free to swap halibut, tilapia, sea. Does Goan fish curry float your boat, or do your seafood curry allegiances lie elsewhere?
Halibut Fish Curry instructions
- With oil sautee garlic, shallot, cilantro stem, tumeric powder, chili powder, salt and pepper till soft about 15 minute cover lid adding 2 tbsp of water when starting to get dry bit by bit in low heat stir occasionally.
- Add tomato and juice, cilantro leaf, and lemon juice mix well cover lid let it simmer another 10 minute then add sauce and mash tomato.
- Add hallibut or salmon or any fish and coat evenly with sauce and add water and cover lid for 10 minute occasionally shake the pan.
An intense curry sauce is draped over our Coconut Curry Halibut which we bed over rice. Sprinkle fish evenly with pepper and salt. Firm fish will not dissolve in a curry or stew. And white fish, preferably a saltwater one, will Halibut, shark (not an endangered one!), grouper, and other good candidates would be sturgeon, swordfish. Hari, just cooked your curry in the tiny cramped kitchen, in my Chalet, perched on the edge of a cliff in Withernsea, East Yorkshire, wuth Halibut from the.