Southern Salmon Cakes.
You can cook Southern Salmon Cakes using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Salmon Cakes
- Prepare of cakes.
- It’s 1 medium of onion chopped fine.
- It’s 4 dash of chipotle or Louisiana hot sauce.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of pepper, to taste.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (scant) dry breadcrumbs, fine or panko.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, chopped fine, or small carrot, grated.
- It’s 1 of handful baby spinach, chopped, optional.
- You need 2 of eggs,.
- Prepare 2 can of (15 oz each) salmon, drained.
- It’s of frying and serving.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 of oil, I use peanut.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of lemon or lime, optional.
Southern Salmon Cakes step by step
- These are my family's favorite salmon cakes, good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My husband requests them every week, and even my 3 year old will eat them! He doesn't suspect he's getting his veggies!.
- For the cakes, mix ingredients well and shape into patties, 12 or so.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in large skillet.
- Combine flour and cornmeal, dredge the cakes and fry a few at a time until golden brown, about 5 min per side.
- Drain on paper towel, sprinkle with salt andlemon juice, and serve.