Quinoa and Black Beans.
You can have Quinoa and Black Beans using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa and Black Beans
- It’s 2 cup of Tri-color quinoa.
- You need 2 medium of Jalapeños.
- You need 1 large of Onion.
- You need 1/2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chicken stock (low sodium).
- Prepare 1 can of Diced tomatoes (30 oz).
- Prepare 1 can of Corn (15 oz).
- It’s 2 can of Black beans (15 oz).
- Prepare 1 large of Bell pepper (optional).
- You need 1 oz of Cilantro (chopped).
Quinoa and Black Beans step by step
- Heat a pan on medium-high heat. Drizzle olive oil and sauté diced onion and garlic.
- Thinly slice jalapeños and add to pan, with seeds if heat is desired. Add diced bell pepper (optional).
- Add quinoa and brown with vegetables for 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly add in chicken broth. Then add all other ingredients and cover.
- Decrease heat to low to allow ingredients to simmer about 15 minutes. Check to ensure quinoa is cooked.
- Make sure to season while cooking. Add chopped cilantro a few minutes prior to completion if desired.