Prawn stuffed string hoppers. Lavariya is sweet stuffed string hoppers which is very popular in Sri lanka as tea time snack. We can have these for Breakfast too. The process of making string hoppers is fairly easy if you have the right equipment.
Here is my way of preparing 'Lawariya'. String Hoppers: This is a delicious dish called string hoppers which is famous in South India (Chennei) Srilanka, Malaysia and Singapore. Squeeze the dough straight to the string hopper mat ,Keep turning around the mould so that the dough fills the mat equally. You can have Prawn stuffed string hoppers using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prawn stuffed string hoppers
- It’s 1 Cup of Rice flour (raw rice).
- You need of Coconut (grated).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Coconut milk.
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
- You need of Water.
- It’s 2 of onions.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of prawns medium sized.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of oil.
Do not make it thick,Just two. Odkryj Lawariya Stuffed String Hoppers Sri Lanka stockowych obrazów w HD i miliony innych beztantiemowych zdjęć stockowych, ilustracji i wektorów w kolekcji Shutterstock. Codziennie dodajemy tysiące nowych, wysokiej jakości obrazów. While hot, transfer to the jug of a blender to break it up.
Prawn stuffed string hoppers instructions
- Idiyappam is prepared from a dough prepared with rice flour. The idiyappa podi (idiyappam flour) is available in the stores, but it can be prepared at home as well.
- In order to prepare the rice flour, soak raw rice in water for 3 hours. Drain the water and spread the rice on a cloth for 15 minutes. Grind the rice to a very fine powder.
- If you are buying the flour from the store, you dont have to roast the powder, since it is already roasted. If the powder is prepared at home, roast the powder till it turns brown in colour.
- For the filling, saute onion, green chilli, ginger garlic paste and all the powders for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato, and the prawns. And leave on medium heat till the prawn is cooked through. Add salt to taste.
- Heat water in a vessel and add salt to it. Add the idiyappam flour to it and mix well till a smooth dough is prepared. Add coconut milk to it to improve the smoothness.
- Add a little bit of grated coconut to all the moulds in the idli steamer. Add the dough to the idiyappam sieve and press it over each mould in the idli steamer in a circular motion. Strings of the dough would fall through the sieve.
- Layer the prawn filling on top of the string hopper and top it off with another hopper.
- Steam the idiyappam in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes. You would need 2.5 cups of water.
- Pop out the idiyappams from the idli steamer and they are delicious to eat as it is. No curry needed.
Note • String hopper moulds and mats are available from Sri Lankan grocers. • My choice for the string hoppers is wheat flour; though you have. Know someone who would make a great member of CookEatShare? String Hoppers (Iddyappam) a favourite breakfast dish in Sri Lanka. It is also a good choice for a light dinner. String Hopper press and hoppers mats might available from Indian and Sri Lankan food store.