Thai Firecracker Shrimp. A recipe for Thai firecracker shrimp: marinated shrimp stuffed in egg roll wrappers and deep fried But having trashed the original Thai firecracker shrimp post because the visuals sucked, I thought of. Thai Firecracker Shrimp Recipe — how to video for how to roll these delicious appetizers!! Your whole family will devour these!
It started snowing earlier this week! But I still had this recipe for Thai firecracker shrimp I had bookmarked and decided to test drive it. Firecracker Shrimp – appetizer featuring shrimp wrapped in spring roll wrapper and deep-fried. You can have Thai Firecracker Shrimp using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Firecracker Shrimp
- Prepare 1 package of frozen Asian Spring roll wrappers defrosting, cut in half diagonally make triangles.
- It’s 1 pound of raw tail shrimp.
- Prepare 3 tbs of prepared Pad Thai sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of + 1 tsp cornstarch in small bowl whisked.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted shelled roasted peanuts.
- You need Handful of fresh chopped basil.
- It’s 3 cups of Cooking oil for frying about.
Devour these firecracker shrimp as soon as they are hot off the frying pan and set your tongue on. This thai firecracker shrimp recipe is an easy make-ahead appetizer – pad thai sauce, basil, chopped peanuts and shrimp rolled in spring roll wrappers. A Wok Smart menu item that features large, succulent shrimp, hand-chopped red and yellow bell peppers, onions, string beans, and whole dried chilis, wok-tossed in a savory black. Coconut Firecracker Shrimp are marinated in Sriracha and honey, coated in flaked coconut and then they're folded up in spring roll wrappers and fried for a couple minutes until golden and crispy.
Thai Firecracker Shrimp instructions
- Shell the shrimp leaving the tail on. Pat the shrimp very dry with a towel or paper towels. With a small knife,make three shallow, parallel slits along the inside curve of the shrimp, just nicking the shrimp in place to straighten out the shrimp in to place.(this will help keep shrimp straight while frying).
- Line up the shrimp on a plate, tails all facing one way, marinate the shrimp, without the tails getting wet. Spoon the Pad Thai sauce over the shrimp. Let marinate for a few minutes.
- In the meantime prepare to wrap and roll shrimp. Cover the defrosting spring roll wrappers with a damp towel. Have your water + cornstarch ready. When dry place shrimp on the wrapper, add a sprinkle of basil and peanuts and roll the shrimp up in the wrapper. Keep wrapped firecrackers under plastic wrap while wrapping the rest to prevent drying.
- When ready to cook,heat oil in Wok, deep fryer, or pot to 350F and brush with egg wash or oil.
This week, Panda Express started selling firecracker shrimp. Our enterprising correspondant had a But the firecracker shrimp is a worthy addition to the menu—all bold and zesty and packed with. These flavorful grilled shrimp are glazed with a spicy-sweet Firecracker marinade — perfect for your next BBQ! Spicy jumbo shrimp are wrapped in a tortilla triangle with a tail 'handle,' then deep fried for these View image. Pinch of salt and Place a shrimp on left side of a triangle egg roll wrapper, leaving the tail out.