Easy Chirashi Sushi Like A Cake. Chirashi Sushi is served on happy occasions and at parties in Japan. This bright and colorful dish is made of sushi rice with a variety of vegetables mixed in, and toppings sprinkled over the top. The dishes you see in Japanese restaurants outside of Japan is just a tiny, tiny collection of what we eat in.
The ingredients (or "gu") are scattered or topped on sushi rice with no rolling or shaping involved. Make festive layered chirashi (mixed) sushi shaped like a cake to celebrate Japanese Girl's Day, or Hinamatsuri. Mix in sushi rice vinegar powder with cooked rice. You can cook Easy Chirashi Sushi Like A Cake using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Chirashi Sushi Like A Cake
- You need 450 grams of Plain cooked rice.
- It’s 3 of rice cooker cups Chirashi sushi seasoning.
- It’s 8 of Shrimp.
- You need 1 of Snow peas.
- Prepare 1 of Salmon roe marinated in soy sauce.
- You need 1 of Kinshi-tamago (thinly sliced Japanese omelet).
You may or may not use all of the cooked rice, as it will depend on how thick you make your rice layers, as well as the diameter of the. Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays. This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. Prepare the toppings of your choice, scatter them on sushi rice, and voila!
Easy Chirashi Sushi Like A Cake step by step
- Make kinshi-tamago by thinly slicing thinly cooked sheets of mixed egg. Boil snow peas in salted water and slice them thinly.
- Remove the shrimp head and slice into the center of the shrimp as if making a hole.
- Slice only in the center, and do not cut through to the ends.
- They'll curl up like this when boiled in salted water.
- Pack the cookie cutter in this order: rice, snow peas, rice, and eggs. Press firmly and remove the mold.
- Top with shrimp, scatter on salmon roe, and it's done.
My Scattered Sushi toppings are easy to prepare. Arrange the toppings randomly or in a pattern on top of the rice. Chirashi sushi is simply sushi rice topped with different types of fish served raw. It can also come with shredded eggs, shiitake mushrooms or other topping options. Chirashi sushi is usually served on special occasions like festivals or birthdays and can be served in individual bowls or family size bowls.