Shrimp Wonton Soup. I have made several wonton soup recipes on this little Chinese food blog and this one is my current favorite. This version comes out really great with the highlights of shrimp. Easy wonton soup recipe with juicy shrimp wontons in chicken broth.
This chicken wonton soup recipe is so quick and easy to whip up. It has lots of healthy veggies and Add shrimp or cooked chicken for more protein. Top with red chili oil or sambal oelek to make it spicy. You can cook Shrimp Wonton Soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Wonton Soup
- You need of Stock:.
- Prepare 1 tbls of sesame oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tbls of freshly grated ginger.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 4 oz of shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 cup of mixed greens or 2 baby book choy or both.
- It’s 3 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbls of yellow miso paste, or more, to taste.
- Prepare of Wontons:.
- Prepare 8 oz of medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tbls of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tbls of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbls of freshly grated ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sriracha, optional.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 36 (2 inch) of Wonton wrappers.
Use shrimp shells to prepare the wonton soup. The soup at the legendary Mak's Noodles in Hong Kong includes unusual ingredients such as dried flounder and dried shrimp. Since this is a shrimp wonton soup I like to simmer the broth along with the shrimp shells for a few minutes to get even more shrimp flavour into the soup and throwing in some lemongrass and ginger. Combine shrimp, chile, ginger, sesame oil, sugar and salt.
Shrimp Wonton Soup step by step
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, green onions, oyster sauce, ginger, sesame oil, Sriracha and pepper.
- To assemble the wontons, place wrappers on a work surface (I usually do 3 at a time). Keep remaining wrappers under a slightly damp cloth, they dry out quickly. Spoon appx 1 tsp of the shrimp mixture on to the center of the wrappers. Using your finger, rub the edge of the wrappers with water. Fold the dough over the filling to creat a triangle, pinch the edges to seal, set aside.
- Heat 1 tbls sesame oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and cook stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth, mushrooms and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer till mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in greens and/or bok choy, and green onions. Stir in miso paste until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir I wontons until cooked through, appx 2-3 minutes.
Lay wrappers on the work surface and Add green asparagus and wontons to soup. This wonton noodle soup recipe is comforting as it is authentic. Read the Nutrition Facts and Ingredients of the CP Brand Authentic Asia Shrimp Wonton Soup with Noodles below Wontons, a type of Chinese dumplings, are a staple of Chinese cuisine. Wonton Soup is like the chicken noodle soup of Chinese cooking. Use a potato masher to mash the mixture, breaking down the pieces of shrimp until you get small chunks.