NESTUM® Prawn Fritters. Stir in NESTUM®, salt and chives. Add water and stir together to make a thick batter. Top with a prawn and immediately immerse ladle in the hot oil.
Prawn fritter or hae pia is our favourite deep fried snack, we have it either for lunch or tea time. This fritter is very nice to be served when it is still piping hot, dip it in hot chili sauce. It is very easy to make and takes only a few basic ingredients. You can have NESTUM® Prawn Fritters using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of NESTUM® Prawn Fritters
- You need 170 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of level tsp baking powder.
- You need 30 g of NESTUM® All Family Cereal Original.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 5 stalks of (around 30 g) Chinese chives – cut into 2 cm lengths.
- It’s 200 g of medium-size shelled prawns.
- You need 180 ml of water.
- You need of oil for frying.
- It’s of Chilli Sauce:.
- You need 1/2 cup of MAGGI® chilli sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of natural white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hot water.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped.
Find out more about our products, recipes and latest events. Kuala Kurau, a small fishing village in the northern part of Perak is the one of the great getaway destination from the hustling city life. Coat the prawns with the prawn batter and deep fried in the hot oil till the prawns turn red and batter slightly golden brown. Add the chili padis and curry leaves and stir fried till fragrant.
NESTUM® Prawn Fritters step by step
- Sift flour and baking powder together into a mixing bowl. Stir in NESTUM®, salt and chives. Add water and stir together to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a saucepan to a depth of 4 cm – over medium heat. Heat a ladle in the oil for 3 – 5 minutes before spooning batter into the ladle, ¾ full. Top with a prawn and immediately immerse ladle in the hot oil. Wait for fritter to form a crust before easing it out with the tip of a knife. Let fritter continue frying in the hot oil till golden brown. Remove and drain in a wire basket.
- Serve warm, accompanied with chilli sauce (made by stirring all the ingredients listed in a small bowl).
This video will teach you how to make fried prawn fritters. Shell the prawns, leaving tails intact. Sift flour into a bowl and mix with corn flour. Make a hole in the center and gradually pour in water to make a thicker batter. Add salt and fold in egg whites gently.