Kelly’s Beef and Broccoli.
You can have Kelly’s Beef and Broccoli using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kelly’s Beef and Broccoli
- You need 1 lb of top round steak.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of grated ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced white onions.
- You need of White Rice.
Kelly’s Beef and Broccoli step by step
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water. Add the beef to the bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch with the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil and once it is hot, add the beef and cook, stirring constantly until the beef is almost cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan and once it is hot, add the broccoli florets and sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan then add the prepared sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens slightly. Serve with rice or noodles.