Easy and Fancy California Rolls. Alaskan King Crab Tempura Sushi Roll See great recipes for Roll-Your-Own California Rolls too! Great recipe for Easy and Fancy California Rolls.
A California roll is a fresh take on traditional Japanese rice rolls. Filled with avocado, crab, and cucumber, it's fresh and crunchy and makes a filling meal. Using a spoon, scoop the rice onto the seaweed and distribute it evenly in a thin layer. You can have Easy and Fancy California Rolls using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy and Fancy California Rolls
- It’s 3 of bowlfuls Sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 of sheet Nori seaweed.
- You need of Filling:.
- You need 1 of leaf Lettuce.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of any of these fillings; as much as you'd like Tuna mixed with mayonnaise, imitation crab sticks, avocado, and smoked salmon.
- Prepare 1 of Sesame seeds.
These California rolls are simple to make and leave our crab and fishy friends where they belong, free in the ocean! Uramaki means sushi rolls with the rice on the outside. Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander until the water runs clear. Combine with water in a medium saucepan.
Easy and Fancy California Rolls step by step
- On your sushi mat, layer a sheet of plastic wrap, some sesame seeds, sushi rice, and nori seaweed in that order.
- Leaving a 3cm gap on the front of the nori, layer the lettuce and your favorite fillings.
- Wrap up the sushi mat – take care not to tuck in the plastic wrap. Squeeze it to finish.
- Wet your knife with a damp cloth after cutting each slice. Dish it up, and it's done.
Sushi roll (or roll sushi for Japanese) is a unique Westernized version of the Japanese maki sushi (or maki zushi). Like the maki sushi, it usually involves "rolling" the rice and nori using a makisu. Unlike in Japan, however, these have gone beyond the traditional Japanese maki sushi by changing the filling, adding toppings, finding alternatives to nori, and even flipping it inside out. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and salt until sugar is dissolved. Instead of getting sushi at a restaurant, save money and make California Sushi Rolls in the convenience of your home!