Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!). Mash the tofu roughly with a fork in a large bowl. Add the lemon zest, breadcrumbs, nutmeg, oregano and mint and combine. Add the spinach and season with salt and lots of black pepper.
Delicious enough for a special holiday dinner, but easy enough for a weeknight meal! leafy green vegetable ». Mix the tofu, olives and parsnip into spinach, add the soy creamer and chickpea flour and mix until combined. This vegan spanakopita is hands down the absolute best you've ever had! You can cook Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!)
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 of Leek, Finely Chopped.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 300 g of Fresh Spinach.
- Prepare 200 g of Tofu, drained and pressed. (I used smoked).
- You need 50 g of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- It’s of Lemon Zest.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Garlic Granules.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- You need 1 Pack of Filo Pastry.
Pour the cashew "feta" mixture into the bowl with the spinach and mix well. Pour the olive oil for brushing in a glass bowl. This easy vegan recipe is a great low calorie meal. This Vegan Palak Tofu Paneer is the easiest. dairy-free, gluten-free Saag Paneer with Tofu.
Spinach, Tofu and Filo Pie (Vegan!) step by step
- Heat up 2 table spoons of olive oil. Add the finely chopped leek and cook for a few minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic, paprika and spinach (it helps to add to add a handful at a time). Cook down until it is very soft, stirring constantly (for about 5 minutes). When it is cooked leave to cool. You might need to press some of the liquid out of the spinach if it is very runny, I recommend you keep the liquid in case you need it later (it has lots of flavour).
- Mash up the tofu. Add the garlic granules, oregano, balsamic vinegar, nutmeg and lemon zest. Then add the spinach mixture and the breadcrumbs, season with the salt and pepper. Here you will be able to tell if you need to add any liquid back to the mix.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c (gas mark 5). Grease a tin and line it with filo pastry, you can brush a little olive oil between the pastry sheets. When you get halfway add the spinach mixture. Spread it so the mix is a few centimetres from the edge. Add the remaining pastry on top and brush with the remaining oil.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until the filling is piping hot the pasty is golden-brown.
Can be made soyfree w/ chickpea tofu Palak is Spinach and Tofu acts as the spiced up Paneer. I used to love the creamy palak paneer in my pre-gan days. Since vegan-izing it, I usually make it with Tempeh. Tofu, nutritional yeast and summery veggies combine for a fluffy, veganized frittata you can eat for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner—no eggs Here I am today, a couple of decades later, telling you that tofu actually does a pretty darn good job of impersonating unlikely non-vegan food items. Many years ago, a Greek friend convinced me to make vegan spanakopita, a Greek spinach pie layered with creamy cheese and crispy phyllo pastry.